The Services and Activities Fee Committee (SAFC) is appointed by the Chancellor. Student members of the SAFC set the amount of the SAF and recommend what services the fee will fund. The SAFC includes seven students, four non-voting ex officio members and a compliance officer.
SAFC Appointment Process
The UW Tacoma Chancellor appoints student members of the SAFC. Every year the ASUWT invites students to apply to serve on the SAFC, interviews applicants and recommends committee members to the Chancellor.
SAFC members gain in-depth knowledge and experience about budgeting, university administration, group decision-making and communications. Past members say it is a rewarding volunteer opportunity to serve the campus community while ensuring that student fees are spent appropriately.
If you are interested in serving on the committee, please contact the ASUWT president . In order to be considered, you must be able to attend all SAFC meetings.
2019-2020 SAF Committee Members
- Bethany Ball
- Austin Escalera
- Elijah Freeman, Committee Chair
- Ana-Claire Kositsky
- Amy Rhee
- Jegan Selvaraj
- Nhat Truong
Ex Officio Members
- Bernard Anderson, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Life
- D.C. Grant, Faculty, School of Engineering & Technology
- Jan Rutledge, Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance
- Sean Schmidt, Student Affairs, Associate Director of Administration, Finance, and HR (Compliance Officer)
- Eunice Yang, ASUWT Director of Finance
To contact SAFC, email email@example.com or phone 253-692-5728.