Welcome to the University of Washington Tacoma Education Program. Our program faculty and staff make every effort to assist you in reaching success. Faculty have an impressive record of research in the areas of school-wide positive behavior supports, response to intervention, culturally-responsive educational practices and effective leadership models. If you want to become a teacher, if you are already a teacher, or you are a current or aspiring leader, come join us and let us help you meet your goals!
Minor in Education
Washington State Teacher Certification
- K-8 with English Language Learners (ELL) Certification
- K-8 with K-12 Special Education Certification
- Secondary Math or Science Certification
The Tacoma Whole Child Initiative is transforming Tacoma—every school, every student, every day.
Washington State Principal or Program Administrator Certification
For Practicing Educators
- Master of Education
- Additional Endorsements for Teachers
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership