Environmental Studies Minor
|Summary of required courses||Credits|
|Introduction to Environmental Science||5|
|Biological Environmental Science||5|
|Physical Environmental Science||5|
|Environmental Ethics or Philosophy||5|
|Environmental Law, Policy or Regulations||5|
An option for students without the science prerequisites to do the BS in Environmental Science or the BA in Environmental Studies, this minor provides a good grounding in the principles of the field. The Environmental Studies minor can provide a useful supplement to the coursework of IAS students who have an interest in:
- Environmental law, as an attorney or paralegal;
- Environmental policy, working for governmental agencies, legislative bodies, or in environmental non-profits; or
- Environmental psychology, justice, or racism.
This minor will also be helpful for:
- Urban Studies majors interested in restoration projects in urban areas or how populations affect the environment.
- Business majors needing a background in the growing fields of "green" marketing and manufacturing or environmental management.
- Nursing majors interested in environmental health.
- Students going into teaching programs.
- Concerned citizens interested in learning more about environmental issues.
How to declare
You can declare a minor by using the same request to declare/change major form and submitting it to Enrollment Services. You must have earned a minimum of 45 credits and declared a major before declaring a minor. If you have any questions about this process, please see your adviser.
Evening students: TESC 100 is not offered in the evening. It may be possible to complete this lab requirement in an alternative way. Contact an IAS adviser for more details.