UW Tacoma’s first five-year academic plan (2018-2023) is the product of two years of work focused on assessing existing academic programs, evaluating student and community needs, and identifying opportunities for new and revised academic offerings and related support.
The plan aligns our priorities and resources with the campus mission, vision and strategic plan. The strategic priorities and impact goals reflected in this academic plan are as follows:
- Students – The UW Tacoma experience empowers students to achieve their dreams.
- Scholarship – We champion publicly engaged scholarship.
- Communities – Our community partnerships are transformational and synergistic.
- Equity – We are grounded in social justice and embrace the assets of our diverse communities.
- Culture – Our campus is respectful, accepting, productive and inclusive.
- Growth – Our innovation drives our growth, energizing us and our region.
The inaugural Academic Plan at UW Tacoma was approved by the Faculty Assembly Executive Council (EC) on June 3, 2019. Detailed information on the purpose, process and final academic plan can be found in report below.