Academic Success Programs, a unit of Academic Affairs, collaborates with partners across campus to support the success of all UW Tacoma students. We use a data-informed, values-driven approach to remove academic barriers, create an engaging academic experience, and to empower students to achieve their goals.
We provide direct services through academic advising, a suite of student tutoring services, and professional development programs for instructors. In addition, we work with students, staff, faculty, and campus leadership to develop and implement strategies that support academic success more broadly.
Teaching & Learning Center
Consultants work collaboratively with students in writing, math, science and statistics, helping them to develop the skills, strategies, knowledge, and confidence necessary for academic success.
Office of Digital Learning
With our commitment to more meaningful use of technologies, we are transforming the anytime/everywhere learning experience. The Office of Digital Learning strives to support new pedagogy in a digital community of practice.
University Academic Advising
University Academic Advising serves first year and pre-major students with support for choosing or changing a major or minor, registration and scheduling support, and academic difficulty.
- Academic Success Programs
- Dr. Bonnie J Becker, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success
- Office of Digital Learning
- Dr. Darcy Janzen, Director of Digital Learning
- Teaching and Learning Center
- Dr. Rebecca Disrud, Director of the Writing Center
- Dr. Dwayne Chambers, Associate Director of the Quantitative Center
- University Academic Advising
- Dr. Lorraine Dinnel, Associate Director of University Academic Advising