Explore, Discover, Connect...
The Office of Digital Learning (ODL) staff is available Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Please drop-in to our daily office hours, request a consultation, or contact us using the information at the bottom of this page.
Promoting Student Engagement & Success
Helping students learn
- Intructor presence and communities of inquiry
- On Connecting with Learners
- Instructor presence before & after day one
Interaction & Activity
Introductions and Ice-Breakers
Passport to Teaching Excellence
Elevate your teaching and earn stamps as you go!
Digital Learning News & Muse
Teaching strategies, faculty interviews, and the latest in e-learning research
Drop-In Office Hours and Workshop
Teaching Online & Hybrid 101
Teaching Online & Hybrid 101, a 5-week course designed to enhance your digital course design and digital pedagogy skill set (and required as part of the HOT Certification to teach online and hybrid courses at UWT) is currently offered once per quarter.
See the Teaching 101 page for further details and registration.
Meet the ODL Team
Dr. Darcy Janzen, EdD
Chris Lott, MEd
Office of Digital Learning
UW Tacoma strives constantly to find creative ways to support our learners. With our commitment to more meaningful use of technologies, we are transforming the anytime/everywhere learning experience. We at the Office of Digital Learning strive to support new pedagogy in a digital community of practice. Our mission in the Office of Digital Learning is to:
- Support faculty in the use of new pedagogies that engage and support diverse learners
- Assist faculty in initial course design and digital pedagogy exploration and utilization
- Promote and support ongoing course improvement and faculty development across modalities
- Keep student success and student-centered approaches to hybrid and online pedagogy our top priority
- Research, develop and promote emerging tools for teaching and learning,
- Inspire innovative use of social, collaborative and communication technologies,
We would love to connect with you. See our Consultations page for a more detailed overview of our services and to schedule a meeting.