On this page: Processes for Proposing New Undergraduate Programs | Preparing the PNOI | Full Proposals | Proposing Honors Programs and Curriculum | Additional Resources
- Notice of Proposal (NOP) - A unit or school planning to offer a new undergraduate program, or make substantive changes to an existing undergraduate program, must complete a Notice of Proposal.
- Flowchart of New Undergraduate Degree Proposal Processes - pdf only | jpeg available on Academic Affairs website
- Process Steps - pdf | word doc
Preparing the PNOI (Read Second):
- PNOI Instructions - pdf | word doc
PNOIs for undergraduate degree programs that have been approved to move to the full proposal stage will result in the completion of a 1503 form submitted to the APCC Canvas Discussion website.
- 1503 Form Quick Guide
- 1503 Undergraduate Program Proposal Tracking
- UW Requirements: 1503 Proposal Document (text)
- APCC Canvas Discussion
Please work with your unit program coordinator to post and submit these materials on the APCC canvas site.
If your school or program wishes to propose Major Honors and/or Major Integrated Honors pathways, APCC recommends consulting with the Institute for Global Engagement's Honors Executive Committee.
Visit this website for a complete list of UW Tacoma Honors.
Internal Alignment Tools (Step 2 in PNOI Instructions)
- Strategic Plan Website
- UW Curriculum Management/Kuali Website to search for curricular overlap
- UW Tacoma General Catalog for overview of undergraduate programs offered
- Find Program Tool in MyPlan
- Maps of UW Tacoma undergraduate programs offered, including enrollments (except for minors)
- UW Tacoma Undergraduate Majors list with Major codes
External Supply and Demand for the Program (Step 2 in PNOI Instructions)
- Potential Enrollment Demand - example