FGF home page
Main page content
What we do:
Through our programs and services we seek to support first-generation students to successfully transition into college life and provide opportunities for the academic and personal success of all our first-gen students on campus.
Who are First Gen Students?
First Generation college students are the students who identify as first in their family to graduate from college. Neither parent or guardian has completed a college degree.
At UW Tacoma 56% students are First-Generation.
A First Gen Student is:
- A student whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have not earned a bachelor’s degree.
- A student whose parent(s) or guardian(s) have attended but not completed any college.
- A student who, prior to the age of 18, regularly resided with and received support from only one parent and whose supporting parent did not complete a bachelor’s degree.
- A student who, prior to the age of 18, did not regularly reside with or receive support from a natural or adoptive parent.
Resources we offer:
- Welcoming space for student use
- Engagement and outreach opportunities
- Academic and professional development
- Workshop Series
- Signature Events
- First Generation Fellows Cohort
- Peer Success Mentors
- We Are First Generation Campaign
Follow us on Facebook!