Welcome to Research at UW Tacoma
As an urban-serving university, the UW Tacoma aims to "foster scholarship, research, and creativity to address the challenging problems of our time and place." In its 2016 Strategic Plan, the UW Tacoma identifies as a key priority to "expand and support a range of research, scholarship and creative activity."
To serve these ends, the Office of Research works with campus partners to:
- Raise the profile of research, scholarship, and creative activities across the campus and in the community;
- Assist UW Tacoma faculty to pursue externally sponsored research funding;
- Promote the professional development of faculty through workshops that help faculty in all aspects of their research, scholarship, and creative activities;
- Support student research experiences
- Help the faculty to partner with public agencies and community groups in the mutual pursuit of publicly-engaged scholarship.
Founders Endowment 2023 Funding Opportunity
Proposals for 2023 Founders Endowment Funding are due by midnight on April 3, 2023.
Research In the News
Mechanical engineering student Amy Keller is putting her stamp, and UW Tacoma's, on the moon, via a life-changing internship with NASA.
The creation of the Family Room and a registered student organization offer new resources to the Native and Indigenous community at UW Tacoma.
The Lead Your Way program of the Milgard Women’s Initiative brings together high school sophomores, juniors and community leaders for mentoring and self-recognition.