University of Washington students are expected to practice high standards of academic and professional honesty and integrity. As defined in Student Governance Policy, Chapter 209 Section 7.C, academic misconduct includes:
- Unauthorized collaboration
- Engaging in prohibited behavior
- Submitting the same work for separate courses without the permission of the instructor(s)
- Taking deliberate action to destroy or damage another person’s academic work
- Recording and/or disseminating instructional content without the permission of the instructor (unless approved as a disability accommodation
See Section 7.C for more detailed information and definitions of academic misconduct.
Faculty can report misconduct online through the Student Conduct Incident Report form.