Sometimes you have questions or are thinking about your future, but can't connect with us. We understand! To help, we have created this page of resources you can take advantage of on your own time.
And don't forget...we are here for you! Setup an appointment to speak with a member of our staff and keep an eye on Handshake.
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand video learning platform to help you develop and enhance skills.
Free access to LinkedIn Learning is provided to all UW students, staff, and faculty by the Student Technology Fee.
- 16,000+ courses organized into brief chapters
- Taught by accomplished instructors and recognized industry experts
- New videos added weekly
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced level videos
- Available in 7 languages
- Sample content categories include project management, marketing, finance, data science, web development, product and manufacturing, video, graphic design, and user experience
- How to Use LinkedIn Learning (video)
- How to Create a Collection (video)
- Search for Courses (video)
- LinkedIn Learning help desk for learners
Support for Linkedin Learning Admins
- Admins can great groups of learners, curate and recommend video collections, and more. If you would like to request Admin access, please email Briana Randall
- Video demonstrating what staff can do as an admin in LinkedIn Learning
- Article about how to create a Learning Path or Collection
- Article about how to add customized content to LinkedIn Learning
- Videos to help students develop career readiness competencies
- Instructions on how to find the SSO link for each course (so students are directed to a specific course upon log-in)
- UW-branded digital marketing assets (email banners and social media graphics)
- Additional admin tools, including ideas for courses to promote
- UW students, staff, and faculty can log in with their UW credentials here
- Unlimited access on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices anywhere with internet
- Convenient mobile app makes it easy to download videos for offline viewing
- Available 24/7
- Create and share custom playlists of favorite courses
- Explore professional learning paths for in-demand skills
- Add completed courses to LinkedIn profile with the click of a button
- Brush up on skills you might be asked about in an interview
- Learn new skills to make you more competitive for jobs that interest you
- Watch videos to help you more fully understand topics taught in your courses
- Prepare for professional certification exams and earn CEUs
Support for Faculty
Career Intelligence: Find out what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession, and how to position yourself to start, advance, or change your career.
UW is pleased to offer StandOut, a mock video interviewing platform, to help improve your interviewing skills.
- Increase your interviewing skills with practice interviewing
- Make a lasting impression. You are more than your resume!
StandOut® and show what you have to offer! Log in with your university credentials, and then follow the steps to create your StandOut account.
GoinGlobal is the market leader in helping job seekers of all nationalities fast track their career explorations both at home and abroad. Created by country experts, GoinGlobal features worldwide job and internship resources, including location-specific career guides, key corporate profiles, a proprietary H1B visa search engine and 16 million-plus job and internship postings. GoinGlobal’s constantly updated job search resources include: hiring trends, industry overviews, professional and social networking groups, work permit and visa regulations, financial considerations, resume/cv guidelines, interview tips and cultural advice, and more.
Global Job Search
- Comprehensive guides on working in 42 countries
- Detailed guides on how to find work in 32 global cities
- Searchable global employer directory
- Worldwide job and internship listings
U.S. Job Search
- Detailed guides on how to find work in nearly 50 U.S. cities
- U.S. job and internship listings
- Employer directory searchable by city and state
- Searchable list of companies who have applied for H1B visas on behalf of employees
Candid Career currently features a video library of 6,000+ career clips.
Candid Career’s mission has always been to provide honest career information, and career planning help through video. We do this in order to help people learn as much as they can about their options before choosing a career path. Our video interviews are filmed without narration or actors – just real people speaking from the heart about their career experiences.
Career planning help through video has been, and remains, at the core of everything we do at Candid Career. We know that choosing a career path can be a daunting task, even more so if you are not equipped with accurate information. Our philosophy has always been that the most accurate information comes from those that get up every day and work at the specific job you might be interested in. So, we want to hear from those people. Their first-hand knowledge is the backbone of the career planning help we offer at Candid.
Over the years, we have interviewed thousands of professionals and what we have learned is that everyone has a story to tell and valuable insight to share. We are grateful to those industry professionals that have given of their time and expertise to assist in our mission.
What Can I Do With This Major?
Learn about typical career areas and types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. Continue your research through the websites provided. Please excuse the references across the documents that are not UW Tacoma-specific. We find this to be a best-in-class resource and purchase it from the University of Tennessee (UT) for your use.
Washington Occupational Information Service (WOIS)
Use WOIS/The Career Information System to explore careers, create goals for your future, make educational plans to reach your goals, and find the training programs and the right schools to help you achieve your dreams.
Whether you are ready to find a job right now, or you want to make a plan for more education and future employment, WOIS has the exploration and planning tools for YOU!
Don't know which careers to explore? A career interest survey is a great way to begin. It helps you see how your interests, skills or values fit with potential careers.