South Sound Alliance
The South Sound Alliance (SSA) is a leadership council consisting of Pierce and South King County cities and towns together with public and private organizations that pursue data-driven collaborative strategies leading to healthier communities, an improved environment, and an innovative and thriving economy.
The Alliance is supported by the University of Washington Tacoma Urban Studies Program.
Use the tabs above to navigate through SSA resources
- TPCHD Blog: https://www.tpchd.org/Home/Components/Blog/Blog/21415/333
- www.iedconline.org/web-pages/accritest/covid-19-webinars COVID-19: A Ten-Point Action Plan for Economic Developers (Speakers: Steven Pedigo and Richard Florida (author of “Rise of the Creative Class”, “The New Urban Crisis” and “Who’s Your City?”)
- How our Cities Can Reopen after COVID the COVID-19 Pandemic https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/03/24/how-our-cities-can-reopen-after-the-covid-19-pandemic/
Local and Federal Government Reports and Activities
- Small Business Stabilization Fund - Seattle Office of Economic Development
- Federal Reserve - https://www.federalreserve.gov/covid-19.htm
- National Disaster Recovery Framework - Homeland Security
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act - Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
- Message from City of Federal Way, Mayor Jim Ferrell - Prosperity Beckons
- City of Lakewood - business impact survey results
- City of Federal Way - Community Continuity Taskforce, Resiliency Taskforce
- City of Federal Way - Small Business Assistance Grants
State and Local Financial resources
- CARES Act Economic Stabilization & Recovery Programs by Pierce County - Issuu
- WA State Dept of Financial Institutions - Financial Resources for Washington Residents Impacted by COVID-19
- Pierce County Connected Fund
- Submit a funding request
- Philanthropic partners
- Press release
- Pierce County Connected Community Response Committee daily report
- South King County Cities: https://www.seattlefoundation.org/communityimpact/civic-leadership/covid-19-response-fund
- King County Rental Assistance https://www.uwkc.org/renthelp/
- City of Auburn, Financial Resources for those impacted by COVID-19
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department COVID-19 Resources
- Economic Development Board, Tacoma-Pierce County EDB Business Resources Guide
- City of Lakewood - Resources for business, workers, individuals
- City of Tacoma COVID-19 Stabilization Loan: https://makeittacoma.com/business-employer-resources-for-covid-19-response-2-2/
- City of Puyallup Business and Employer Resources http://www.cityofpuyallup.org/1720/Business-Employer-Resources
- City of Lakewood - Business Loan Program https://cityoflakewood.us/economic_development/lakewood-covid-19-business-assistance/
- City of Maple Valley - Economic Recovery Grant Program www.maplevalleywa.gov/sbsg
- City of University Place - http://www.cityofup.com/covid-19/covid-19-resources-business
- City of Lakewood - CARES Act funding
- Donate online to support urgent human service needs in Pierce County
- Future of office space article - Marker Medium
- A Fresh Start for the Office: How COVID-19 Has Changed Workplace Expectations, CBRE WorkForce Sentiment Survey results
SSA Regional Profiles have moved to the Center for Applied Urban Research.
The Urban Profiles are available through the OCP office. Please contact email@example.com for access.
Interactive Zoning Map
This map contains information regarding parcel zoning across the entire South Sound Alliance study area. As each jurisdiction defines zoning and land uses differently, and there are numerous breakdowns of each type of zoning designation, the specific land uses have been grouped under more generalized definitions.
More specific information for individual areas is available upon request.
Also available is a downloadable and printable PDF. Click here for access to the file: