Building Lasting Bridges Between University and Community
UW Tacoma was borne of an engaged community, which continues to inform our orientation today. We recognize that the most successful UW Tacoma community partnerships are transformative and result in each partner achieving more together then they can alone. Within our strategic plan, we acknowledge that partnerships flourish when they are supported with infrastructure including organizational processes, communication channels, staffing, and funding.
OCP Stands Ready To:
- Support campus events that promote community engaged partnerships.
- Build partnerships by facilitating interactions and meetings between UWT Staff/Faculty and the community.
- Help make introductions with/for community members.
- Explore other options for partnerships.
- Maintain the Community Engagement Data Portal.
OCP Supports a variety of community engaged programming. Explore our programs.View our Programs
Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement
In 2020, UW Tacoma was named a recipient of the Carnegie Community Engagement ClassificationLearn More
Center for Applied Urban Research (CAUR)
CAUR is designed to serve as an urban analytics center focusing on aggregating, archiving, and synthesizing urban data from the South Sound Region.Learn More
Community Partnership Data Portal
Add your community engaged activities, or explore the data.Go to the database