After earning this stamp you will be able to:
- Use Assignment Groups to organize your Canvas Assignments logically and clearly.
- Understand the premise, benefits, and drawbacks of weighted vs. absolute grading schemes.
- Use Assignment Groups to implement weighted grading, including extra credit if applicable.
To complete these learning activities you can use an existing course or a sandbox course, available upon request if needed.
- Organize the Assignments in your Assignments folder into appropriately titled groups
- Assign weights to your Assignment Groups that total 100%
- Implement extra credit in your a weighted grading scheme
- Document your weighted grading scheme on the Course Syllabus page or a syllabus linked from that page
Request Your Stamp
Use this Stamp Request form to:
- Submit a link to the Assignments section of your course demonstrating your use of organized and weighted assignment groups.
- Submit a link to the documentation of the weighted scheme in your course.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages to using a weighted grading system in your course.