Electric Vehicles at UWT
As the market steers towards more sustainable transportation, we aim to grow our infrastructure to support it. With Six charging stations in Court 17 and Two within Tioga Lot since 2011, we are more than prepared to grow with the campus community.
These stations are Eight J-1772 SemaConnect chargers; available for anyone coming to campus or living there. The first five hours of charging are free at no cost, after which, it will begin charging the user $5.00 per hour.
Each quarter we analyze the amount of Electric Vehicles coming to campus and growing trends. As more of our community acquires EVs, we plan to increase the accessibility of charging stations.
There are 5 ways you can access and pay to charge your EV.
- Get the SemaConnect app on your smartphone Search for “SemaConnect” in the Apple and Google Play Store
- Pay with PlugShare and ChargeHub Download the PlugShare or ChargeHub apps, find our charging stations, and start charging directly through their apps.
- Network.semaconnect.com Open any mobile browser and go to network.semaconnect.com. Follow the prompts to begin charging.
- Call 1-800-663-5633 Call 24/7/365 and follow the prompts to start charging by phone.
- SemaConnect Pass Wave your card in front of our charging stations to start charging
More information can be found on SemaConnect's Website:
Moneygeek's Guide to Choosing an Electric Vehicle
The price of gas making you rethink your vehicle of choice? See where cost drivers are going and determine if your next car will be an electric or hybrid one.
Do EVs Save Money and Help the Environment?
As infrastructure adjusts to publicly support the growing Electric Vehicle demand, the trends are pointing towards saving the environment and saving money.