Student Mentors are hired by SET to help students with some of the more challenging SET classes and to increase the quality of education in general. Mentors help explain concepts, troubleshoot code, and advise on improving their grades. They share time equally between all of the students who need help.
How to become a Mentor
The basic requirements for being a SET Student Mentor are:
- Recommendation from a faculty member
- Completion of TCSS 142, 143, 342 and 380 and GPA in CSS classes of 3.2 or better
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
We prefer that Mentors have the following:
- Two written recommendations from faculty (email acceptable)
- Completion of TCSS 343 and 372 and GPA in CSS classes of 3.4 or better
- Experience teaching or mentoring in another program or job
- Senior class status
Contact a Student Mentor
Student Mentors can be contacted via email at email@example.com
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please email Monika Sobolewska, Mentoring Faculty Advisor.