What is the situation?
Buildings may be locked down in the case of a violent situation on or near campus or for other safety reasons.
What should I do?
- Lock and barricade the door of the room you are in and stay away from windows and doors.
- Keep quiet and put cell phones on "silent" mode so you can receive messages quietly.
- Be ready to evacuate or fight.
- External building doors will be locked and secured by university staff involved in emergency response.
- Campus will be notified when the lockdown is over by university staff or law enforcement.