CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline April 15th
Global Engagement Conference opens May 24, 2023
The University of Washington Tacoma’s Institute for Innovation and Global Engagement (IIGE) invites proposals for undergraduate and graduate academic papers, posters, and/or performance/spoken word art for its 2023 Global Engagement Conference. The Global Engagement Conference showcases innovative, globally informed research papers and projects that have enduring value in our local and global communities.
The 2023 conference theme is “Innovation Across Borders.” We welcome submissions that address the topics below. The conference will be held at the UWT campus Bamford Innovation Space in Milgard Hall (MLG 203). Submissions are welcomed in person, poster, and/or online formats.
- Global Innovation and Design
- Innovation through design thinking
- Grassroots/participatory design
- Experience Design
- Design Justice
- Health and Human Rights
- Body, Community, Environment
- Social Determinants of Health
- Population Health
- Migration and Refugee Flows
- Indigenous Rights and Recognition
- Women's Reproductive Rights
- Diasporic and Transnational Identities
- Media and Technology
- Transnational Media Networks
- Global Consumerism and Hybrid Identities
- Social Media and Fake News
- Soft power
- Cyber-Surveillance and/or Policing
- Community and Political Security
- Proliferation and Disarmament
- Climate and Environment
- Climate Activism Around the World
- Food and/or Water Access and Scarcity
- Sustainability Practices
- Environmental Degradation/Pollution
- Smart Cities and the Environment
The IIGE promotes a globally engaged campus and advances innovative solutions to our world’s most pressing challenges. The IIGE’s Minors in Innovation and Design and Global Engagement, and its Global Honors Program integrate academic learning with experiential learning. It connects “classroom to world” through local and global partnerships and collaborations. Information on the 2022 IIGE Global Engagement Conference can be found on the 2022 IIGE Global Engagement Conference webpage.
We are delighted to continue to expand the scope and format to include area institutions and look forward to a dynamic exchange of knowledge and innovations.
Title and abstract (400 words) due on April 15, 2023. Acceptance notifications will be made no later than end of April.