Main page content
Library Instruction Services
Librarians are available to consult with faculty and instructors to create or revise effective research assignments and classroom activities that foster critical thinking, evaluation skills, and promote lifelong learning.
Librarians can help you:
- Understand students' research capabilities.
- Create, revise, or offer suggestions on your research-based assignments.
- Talk about alternatives to traditional research papers or presentations.
- Identify and discuss library resources suitable for an online class research guide
- Provide individualized training on library resources.
Scheduling Library Instruction
- Read the best practices for teaching with your librarian.
- Contact your subject librarian directly to request a session.
- Remember to schedule at least 14 days in advance of when you would like your library instruction session to occur, and
- Supply a copy of your syllabus and assignment description(s).
Instructional Design Services
The Library also offers instructional and assignment design consultations for instructors to apply in their own classes. Come with ideas for an activity or an assignment, an instructional challenge to be addressed, or questions about teaching tools or pedagogies. We’ll talk about techniques and resources and create a plan to move the work forward.
Possible projects include:
- Designing or revising assignments, activities, or workshops.
- Incorporating active learning techniques into your class.
- Selecting and integrating new technologies.
- Creating online learning objects or Canvas modules.
- Increasing engagement in online classes.
- Finding and adapting Open Educational Resources.