SCI & TPS After Hours Research
Complete this form if you will be doing any after hours research in the Science or TPS buildings. After hours are defined as any hours between 5:00 PM - 8:00 AM, weekends, and all UW holidays.
Faculty Advisor Request or Change
Complete this form if you would like to request a SAM faculty advisor (must be currently enrolled in a SAM Major) or if you would like to request an advisor change.
- Calculators: Graphing calculators are available for checkout at the library (not the TLC)
- SAM Analytical Equipment: please speak with your faculty mentor
- Writing Resources for Sciences and Mathematics at UW Tacoma
- Lab Techniques
- Career Planning
- Contact your faculty advisor. All declared SAM majors are assigned a faculty advisor to assist with capstone and career planning. If you are unsure who your advisor is, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and student ID number.
- WOIS: The Career Information System
- Fostering an Effective Learning Environment
- myNoise: White noise generators for distracting or anxiety provoking environments
- Dealing with math Anxiety
Helpful Videos & Document Library
- Seeing Theory: A visual introduction to probability and statistics
- VassarStats: Website for statistical computation (includes a free online stats textbook)
- Introduction to Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Independent Samples t-Test
- Introduction to R and RStudio
- Customized Graphing in R and RStudio