If your instructor submitted a makeup exam request, please follow the steps below to schedule a test date.
- Confirm with your instructor that they have submitted a “Faculty Makeup Exam Request Form” at the OUE Testing Center. Makeup exams cannot be scheduled until the ‘Faculty Makeup Exam Request Form’ has been received by our office. Same-day appointment requests will not be accepted.
- Verify the first and last day in which you can test. Once you have established some possible test dates, you may schedule your makeup test appointment by clicking the link below.
SCHEDULE YOUR MAKEUP TEST APPOINTMENT
- When scheduling a makeup exam you must provide at least three possible test days/times in which you will be available. Possible test dates must be held during the days/times your instructor suggests.
- You must schedule an exam at least 48 hours (two business days) prior to your faculty appointed test dates. If we do not hear from you at least 48 hours in advance, the exam will not be scheduled, and you will need to obtain your instructors permission before you are able to reschedule with our office. Please be advised that it’s the student’s responsibility to schedule a testing appointment, not our staff's.
- OUE will verify the test dates and schedule the exam at a mutually agreeable time (test appointments are dependent upon proctor availability). If the proposed dates do not work out, we will do our best to get you in, as long as they are within the dates proposed by your instructor.
- Once you have been scheduled, we will send you a confirmation and copy your instructor on the email (please verify all information).
- If the scheduled appointment time no longer works for you, you must notify our office immediately (253.692.4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not show up to an appointment (ie. “no show”), your instructor will be notified and his/her approval will be required in order to proceed with rescheduling.
3. Pay fees and charges (if applicable).
There is no fee for current UW Tacoma students using this service, unless one of the following applies:
- You are a student from another UW campus ($5 test fee).
- You are a UW Online Learning student completing online/correspondence courses ($20 test fee).
- You are an individual that needs to take an exam from another educational institution or organization ($40 test fee). Scheduling priority given to UW students. If you are a student from another institution, email email@example.com for more information.
TEST FEES AND CHARGES CAN BE PAID HERE
Masks are required. Students must bring their ID card, receipt of payment (if applicable), and any materials their instructor has required to complete the exam.
Please note: we do not provide testing materials such as scantrons, blue books or test aids such as calculators, dictionaries, etc.
If you require accommodations, please let us know at least 5 days in advance of the test date in order to receive testing accommodations. We will try our best to accomodate you or assist you any way we can. For disability support please contact Disability Resources for Students at 253-692-4508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Undergraduate Education (OUE) proctors individual makeup exams as a courtesy to UWT faculty and students. Makeup exams are designed for University of Washington Tacoma students who are unable to take exams at the time they are administered in the classroom, and for UWT faculty who require an alternate, secure test site to have exams administered. Faculty permission is required for all makeup exams. Makeup exams are at the discretion of the instructor - the OUE testing center cannot authorize a makeup exam without the submitted request of the instructor.
Faculty need to request a makeup exam for a student at least 72 hours (six business days) in advance of the requested day for the makeup exam. Exams have to arrive at OUE at least 24 hours (two business days) prior to the individual student appointment.
Makeup exams will be given between 9:30 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday, at a mutually agreeable time. Test appointments MUST be completed by 5pm and are dependent upon proctor availability. Same-day appointments will not be scheduled and requests submitted on Fridays for the following Monday cannot be accomodated. Please be advised that are office is closed on weekends and government sanctioned holidays.
To make a request faculty will need to complete the Makeup Exam Request Form and submit the request to our office. The completed form can be delivered by campus mail or emailed as an attachment to email@example.com (preferred). After we have received the faculty request form, please refer your student to our website for scheduling and fee information. There is no fee for current UW Tacoma students using this service. Students are required to schedule their own makeup exam by submitting an online appointment form at https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/ue/makeup-testing Please send this link to your student(s). Exams will need to be scheduled at least two business days before their faculty appointed test date.
Students must bring their University of Washington student identification card, and any materials their instructor has required to complete the test.
Please note: OUE does not proctor or adminsiter group makeup exams, nor can we proctor an entire class when an instructor is absent. In addition, we do not provide test aids such as dictionaries, thesauruses, etc.
For questions contact:
Office of Undergraduate Education
University of Washington Tacoma
Campus Box: 358406, Room: BB 102S (enter through GWP 102)