We aim to provide educational access and opportunity for all students.
We achieve this by promoting participation in higher education and by providing programs of assistance to help bridge the gap between the cost of attending the University and the family's own resources. We believe that taking the following actions will help you and your family have a productive and rewarding college financial
experience. We also aim to jump-start your learning experiences here at UW Tacoma by helping you to develop the following skills: critical thinking, self-advocacy, problem-solving, decision-making, accountability and timeliness.
We suggest taking the following steps to help students and their families form a partnership with us:
Successful partnerships require partners who are equally committed. As a student, you have the responsibility to learn, understand, and comply with the terms and conditions of aid that you receive in order to stay eligible for your aid. Keep in mind that each step is important and will help in determining your success here at UW Tacoma.
Utilizing University Tools Such As:
- Setup your MyUW portal and student email account to access your financial aid information, notifications, and important emails.
- Attentiveness and responsiveness to Financial Aid notifications in your MyUW portal and emails.
- Using the Secure Document Upload Portal to submit verification documents to our office.
- Utilize live chat and email to proactively communicate problems with our office
- Familiarize yourself with our website for FAQ and common knowledge
Understanding Financial Aid Processes:
- Know your Key Dates and Deadlines for financial aid.
- Knowledge and understanding of Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and the importance of credit requirements/limits to maintain your financial aid.
- Understanding of eligibility criteria for University Grants / Scholarships
Value and Respect the Financial Aid Process:
Being mindful of the timeline for completing your financial aid process and submitting documents in a timely manner. Understanding aid disbursement, tuition charges, and student accounts.
The University of Washington Tacoma Financial Aid Staff is committed to providing information and resources necessary to help every student achieve educational success. Our goal is to empower and equip students with the information and tools to be successful.
Our commitment includes:
- Respect and understanding of each student’s unique financial situation.
- Advocacy and guidance through complex situations.
- Uninterrupted and/or timely notifications regarding funding and disbursements.
- Awareness and understanding of policy and communication of changes and updates of policy to students in a timely manner.
- Reasonably prompt responses to requests for information.
- Provide Student Financial Aid Literacy and resources such as one on one counseling, webinar training, and workshops to assist students throughout their time here at UW Tacoma.