Tax Information for Students

Main page content

Various aspects of attending college can affect students' and their families' taxes.  For instance, work study income is considered taxable income and students and their families may be eligible for a tax credit when filing taxes for the prior calendar year.  Please review our tax benefits page for further information, including various tax credits available to students.  If you have questions, you should consult your tax advisor about your specific circumstances.

1098-T forms

Students receive tuition statements from the UW called 1098-T forms.  This tax form is available online through your MyUW account or, if you have not opted out of receiving a paper copy, will be mailed to you during the last week of January.  The form will list your tuition and related fees in addition to any scholarships, fellowships and grants you received in the prior calendar year.  If you have questions about your information, contact Student Fiscal Services.

Helpful links