UW Immunization Requirement

Main page content

Students entering Autumn 2019 and later

The information in this section is for new students who are matriculating Fall 2019 or later.

Immunization requirements have changed for fall 2019 new and matriculating students. If you are an incoming, new student starting Autumn 2019 or later,  you may learn more about the new requirements on the link below in order to indentify which requirements you need to follow, download the UW Immunity Verification form, and 

Submit Your Documents to:

Immunity Verification Portal

For Military Service Members and Veterans:

Documents in languages other than English:

  • Students (or staff) can translate documents themselves to English before submitting. They should hand-write any pertinent information (vaccine names, dates, student name, date of birth, provider name, provider contact info) on their documents.

For students starting Autumn 2019, Winter 2020 or later 

Immunization Requirements & Form  


Students who are starting Summer 2019

All students enrolled prior to autumn 2019 are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity.

Read below about the requirements and how to submit your documentation and click on the link to download the form. On the back of the form you find instructions about how to submit your documents.

For students starting Summer 2019 or earlier 

Measles Immunity Verification form


All enrolled students are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity and new students should expect to receive the Measles Immunity Verification form with their admission packet. This information is used to document compliance in the registrar’s database. Students will need to submit measles their verification form and documentation no later than week 3 of their first quarter of attendance, or a hold will be placed, which will prevent future registration. (Nursing and Social Work students are exempt from the general university requirement, see below for more information on your requirements.

There are two types of documents you can use to meet this requirement:

Option 1.

Provide us with a vaccine record that shows two measles shots.

  • The first shot must be given after the age of one (1) year old, and the two immunizations must have been give at least 28 days or more apart.

Note:  Abbreviations that your health care provider might use for the vaccine include ME, MM, MR, MMR and MMRV, or Rubeola.

Option 2.

Provide us with a posititive blood test showing that you are protected from measles, otherwise know as a (rubeola) titer test.


Make sure the lab report shows:

  • The date of the blood draw and/or the date of the result
  • The Titer count
  • A reading of the result

Note: If the result of the blood test is negative or uncertain, you will need to be vaccinated.

How to submit proof of immunity

Complete the Measles Immunity Verification form (see above) and an take a photo or scan of it along with an image of an original immunization record or postive blood test result with your phone, scanner, or copier (jpg or .pdf) and email it to us at reguwt@uw.edu.


By Mail

Send it to:

University of Washington Tacoma
Office of the Registrar
1900 Commerce Street
Campus Box 358400
Tacoma, WA 98402

In Person

You can also bring in your documents to the Office of the Registrar.


Office of the Registrar

Mattress Factory Building (MAT)

2nd floor, Room 253

by Email or Fax

Email to: 


Fax it to:


Instructions for email or fax

Be sure to include your name and date of birth on the record pages and please, make sure that the immunization dates are readable. Do not send embedded images of your documentation in the body of the email. (Scans or photos of documents, sent as attachments are acceptable.)


Include the following items with your email or fax:

  • Your 7-digit UW student ID number
  • Last name
  • First name
  • Date of Birth
  • Admission Quarter (ex. autumn, winter, spring, or summer) and Year


Note: Students born before January 1, 1957 are considered to be immune to measles and are therefore NOT required submit proof of immunity for measles.

Sources of Documentation

You can provide immunization records or blood test reports from a doctor, clinic, insurance company, state, pharmacy, lab, and school record. We do not accept self-reporting documentation as a result.

You can also request your immunization records from a state immunization registry. See the Student Health Services link for details.

Please note: if you have not been vaccinated for measles at all, you need to be vaccinated twice and will need to wait at least 28 days between doses.

Where can I obtain immunizations, or get a Titer Test(s) for rubeola (or mumps)?

  • Measles (and Mumps for Autumn 2019 or later admits) shots or titer (Rubeola for Measles) test(s) may be obtained at your regular physicians office.
  • You may also use Student Health Services to get your immunizations, or titer test(s), or to get access to your records. See the Student Health Services link for details.
  • In addition, there are many pharmacies that will give out immunization shots, but check with them for pricing and availability.

Note: Do not send original immunization records as we do not provide copies later of your immunizations. Also, you must send the copy in English.

Incomplete records may cause delays in your future quarter registration process

Please check your health form and your immunization record to be sure they are complete. It's helpful to put your name, date of birth and student number on all photocopies of immunization records.  

If you do not submit your immunizations prior to your second quarter registration date, a hold will be placed on your registration until we receive your documentation.

In the event of a measles outbreak on campus, students who have not previously submitted proof of immunity to measles may be barred from classes and other campus activities until health officials determine that there is no risk of them transmitting the disease to others.

Questions regarding immunizations should be directed to the Office of the Registrar at 253-692-4913.

*Nursing and Social Work students are exempt from this requirement. Please see the link above for your requirements.