“As a result of the fourth Industrial Revolution, 5 million jobs will be lost before 2020 as artificial intelligence, robotics, nanotechnology and other socio-economic factors replace the need for human workers. The good news is that those same technological advances will also create 2.1 million new jobs. But the manual and clerical workers who find themselves out of work are unlikely to have the required skills to compete for the new roles. Most new jobs will be in more specialized areas such as computing, mathematics, architecture and engineering.”
-The World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Study
Most Innovative Public University in the World#1
12 Month Program Length
Tacoma, WA Accessible Downtown Campus
(40% in-person + 60% asynchronous eLearning) with Saturday Meetings
(~ 2 saturdays per month for in-person classes during each 10-weeks long academic quarters with longer breaks between academic quarters).
Why Milgard School of Business?
Milgard's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) MSBA will prepare you to succeed in the data-driven digital era. This interdisciplinary MSBA is designed for professionals and college students who want to sharpen their critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, data/analytical decision-making, digital technology-enablement and project and process management skills.
Be part of next-generation savvy business analysts, T-shaped analytical thinkers and adaptive innovators. Through face-to-face classes on Saturdays, and asynchronous online learning, students will gain experience in gathering, modeling, analyzing and understanding data, and building smart digital business models to solve existing problems or cultivate new opportunities, improving the performance of organizations.
The next cohort will start: June 2020
MSBA Program Recruiter & Admission - Cynthia DeHope
MSBA Program Advising - Ellen L. Hermansen
MSBA Program Director - Haluk Demirkan
- November 15 - Round 1: Early applicants
- December 15 - Early applicants
- January 15 - Round 2: International students planning to apply for a new student visa (F1/J1)
- March 15 - Round 3: International applicants who currently have an H1-B, H4, or other visa (including transferring an I-20 from another school)
- April 15 - Final application deadline for domestic applicants (US citizens or permanent residents with green cards)
- Rolling admissions are on a space-available basis
- Early admission decisions may be made on a case-by-case basis
- Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis
“Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use the analysis of big data to make effective decisions.”
- McKinsey Global Institute