Skip to main content

Travel Authorization Signature

This form is to request a travel authorization signature on I-20s. Travel authorization signatures are located on the 2nd page of an I-20. Each signature is valid for up to one year for current students and up to six months for students who have graduated and are engaged in Optional Practicum Training (OPT).

Read the Travel and Visa page on our website before submitting this request! Note that if you have any holds on your student account, we may not be able to assist you until all holds are removed.

We will be in touch with you regarding this request by sending an email to your UW Tacoma email account.

Please allow 5 business days for processing. If you are making the last minutes request (less than 2 business days), note that you do NOT need an I-20 to depart from the U.S. 

Most Recent I-20

Itinerary and Travel Document Information

If you are making a last minutes request (less than 2 business days), note that you do NOT need an I-20 to depart from the U.S. You may want to have your I-20 with a new signature express mailed to an address outside of U.S. To arrange this, please review information on this page (, option 3).


Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months after the date of re-entry to the US. If your passport is from a country with a passport validity agreement, your passport must be valid at least until the day of re-entry.

F-1 Student Visa

If you have an expired F-1 student visa by the time you seek re-entry to US, you will need to apply for renewal at a US Embassy/Consulate abroad.
How many times are you allowed to re-enter the US during the validity of your F-1 visa?
Please check the "Entries" section of your F-1 visa. If it says M, you can re-enter the US multiple times during validity of the visa. If there is a number there, you can only re-enter the US for that number of times.

Third Country Visa

Please contact the embassy or consulate of that country to find out if you need an entry visa.