Appreciation Trip to Argosy Cruises (March 2023)
Escape Room and Boba (February 2023)
Vulnerable Communities Discussion (February 2022)
Round One Arcade (January 2023)
Snowflake Lane at Bellevue (December 2022)
Giving Garden Volunteering (November 2022)
RSO Visit to MESAA- Middle Eastern South Asian Alliance- (November 2022)
Friendsgiving Lunch and Discussion at The Rock (November 2022)
Tacoma Night Market (October 2022)
Halloween Costume Competition and Discussion (October 2022)
First Generation Presentation by Assistance Director Dominic Crisostomos (October 2022)
OGA Fellows Prepping for First Autumn Meeting (October 2022)
Northwest Detention Center Advocacy (June 2022)
Drag Queen Show (May 2022)
Spring Fair Event with ISSS (April 2022)
Religious Oppression Discussion and Lunch at Harmon (February 2022)
Global Ambassadors Mission
The Global Ambassadors Program seeks to flourish friendship and cultural understanding between international and domestic students. The program develops members’ interest and understanding of local and global social justice issues. Members will build meaningful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and become comfortable having discussions with people of differing opinions. These discussions, rooted in cultural humility, allow members to better articulate what cultural humility means and why it is essential. The program is intended to enable members to take what was discussed into their everyday lives and professional careers.
Global Ambassadors Program Regular Schedule
We usually meet every Tuesday during the lunch hour (12:30-1:20) at BHS/BB building room 107. For Spring 2023, we will one meeting and one event per month. During those meetings we might have guest speakers and group discussions and activities regarding a monthly social justice topic. The meetings include icebreaker activities, informal conversations and leaving campus for volunteer opportunities or trips to local attractions.
You can join at anytime
We do ask that you follow our Instagram page or sign up for our emailing list to get updated information on all of our events and meetings. The Global Ambassadors is a clublike program from the Office of Global Affairs, and although informal and student-led, we discuss very heavy topics from an individual's personal experience.
Spring 2023 Meetings (TBA)
- Discuss complex social, economic, cultural, and world relevant issues.
- Students will have the opportunity reflect on their identities and how they interact with the monthly themes. They will practice the use cultural humility, the ongoing process of reflection about ones culture and the culture of others, to dive deeper into meeting topics.
- Attend social events both on and off campus
- Previous examples include farmer’s market visits, holiday gift exchanges and gatherings, escape rooms (both virtual and in person), and relevant extracurricular meetings, such as SARS-CoV-2 presentation.
- International and Domestic Students.
- Students of all majors and class standings.
- Staff and Faculty, both as guest speakers and conversation participants.
- Individuals looking to identify unknown commonalities between others.
- Exposure to relevant current topics of concern in today's global works.
- Student-oriented cohort that include helping to plan social events and discussion topics for the program.
- Foster the ability to reflect on inherent biases.
- Develop tools for effective communication strategies.
- Safe space for conversations reading sensitive topics.
- Establish friendships with other students, both global and domestic.
- All members develop connections with the UW Tacoma community.
- All Global Ambassadors should be prepared to participate in organized meetings which are announced well in advance to give proper scheduling time. We acknowledge that education is a priority, but great care is taken to ensure members’ time is respected.