- Complete the academic course grid, an accurate listing of all courses you completed during grades 9 through 11, as well as courses you will complete during your senior year. There are instructions on the application to help you complete the grid successfully.
- Write your personal statement
- Complete the activity log by listing your awards, achievements, jobs and school and community activities.
- Pay the $60 application fee ($75 for international applicants) at the conclusion of your application. Please note, it is at that time you may request a fee waiver.
- Submit official standardized test scores (optional).
- Submit official Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB), or College-level Examination Program (CLEP) scores (if applicable).
- Please be aware that official college or high school transcripts may be required at the time of application; check if you will need to submit your transcripts.
Turn in your complete application as early as possible to ensure that you receive priority consideration for admission and scholarships. Applications received after the priority application date will be considered on a space-available basis.
- January 15 - Autumn quarter priority application deadline
- October 15 - Winter quarter priority application deadline
International Freshman Application Process:
- Complete the International Freshman admissions application, including personal statement and activity log
- Proof of English proficiency
- $75 international application fee (paid when you submit your application)
- Official high school transcripts, translated to English (word-for-word) if needed. Include transcripts for grade 9. These will be scanned and attached to your freshman online application. You will need to have your high school mail your official, original high school transcript with an official translation if the transcripts are not in English.
Send all official paper transcripts to:
University of Washington Tacoma
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 358400
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402-3100
The UW Tacoma institution code for electronic transcripts is 412.
You must have at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale to be considered for admission.
If you have attended a college, university or post-secondary school outside the U.S., we will need official transcripts sent from the school that are word-for-word, literal, English translations. Once you are admitted, you will also need to provide proof of financial resources in order to qualify for your I-20 for F-1 student visa status.