Submitting transcripts

Main page content

NOTE: Sending Transcripts in the time of COVID-19

College Transcripts: Please connect with your college to have your transcript sent officially through an electronic submission. We are not able to check our mail often. Paper transcripts WILL take much longer to process.

Using National Clearing House? UW Tacoma is not often listed as an option. In this case, you must select, "other" and manually add UW Tacoma. Please list as the receiving email. 
If you are sending from Green River, TCC, SPSCC, the Seattle Colleges, Clarke College, Centralia College please be aware. If you send your transcripts to University of Washington as listed in the drop down menu --they will go to Seattle, not Tacoma. 

High School Transcripts: Please connect with your school or school district to request an electronic official transcript. Have your school send it to If your school does not offer an electronic option, please contact for guidance. We request that all applicants avoid sending official transcripts via postal mail at this time. 

ALL Autumn 2020 application material (including all official transcripts) must arrive to our office by July 31.

Freshmen are required to send in official high school and college (running start, college in high school) transcripts after being admitted. See below for additional information.

Transfer students are required to submit official college transcripts at the time of application, and also may be required to submit official high school transcripts if requested by the Admissions office.

NOTE: If you completed the Intermediate Algebra and or World Language admissions requirement in high school please submit an official high school transcript at the time of application. See the submission instructions below.

All admitted applicants will be required to submit official final transcripts before starting classes.

High school transcripts

On the freshman application, an accurate and complete listing of all courses completed during grades 9 through 11, as well as courses to be completed during your senior year must be listed in the coursework grid that is part of the admissions application. It is imperative that you carefully follow the instructions for completing the coursework grid. Without clear and complete self-reported information, your application will not be fully reviewed and you will be ineligible for admission.

You should NOT send high school transcripts at the time of application if you:

  • Attended high school in Washington or elsewhere in the U.S. (If the Office of Admissions determines that your high school transcript is needed, you will be contacted at the email address you provide on your application.)

You must submit official high school transcripts with your application ONLY IF you:

  • Attended high school outside the U.S. If you attended any part of grades 9-12 outside the U.S., you must submit your official high school transcripts, along with official English translations of these transcripts (if they are in another language). These must be original records directly from those schools, not just recorded on a U.S. high school transcript.
  • Were homeschooled. Documentation for course work completed through home school education along with required, supplemental test results must be submitted. Consult the Homeschool Policy.
  • Are no longer in high school. If you have already graduated or have left high school with no expectation of graduating, your final high school transcript is required showing all course work attempted or completed during your high school years.
  • Are a Transfer Student who completed the Intermediate Algebra and or World Language admissions requirement in high school - not through college courses.

College transcripts

If you enrolled in college course work at any time before your senior year, you must submit an official transcript from each college attended. College enrollment includes course work attempted or completed during summer school; through distance or online learning; and through Running Start programs or other dual-enrollment programs in conjunction with a regionally accredited college or university. Note: If the college you attended was the University of Washington, you do not need to request a UW transcript.

If you attended a college, university, or post-secondary school outside of the U.S., we will need official transcripts sent from the school that are word-for-word, literal, English translations.

If you attended a Washington state community or technical college, you must contact the community college to request that transcripts be sent. Washington community colleges must send transcripts electronically. UW Tacoma’s institution code for electronic transcripts is 412.

If your request system requires an email address for UWT, please use 

Final high school and college transcripts

If you are admitted and choose to enroll, you must submit official final high school transcripts at the end of your senior year. Final college transcripts are also required for applicants who attended college. Verification that all admission requirements have been satisfied will be confirmed at that time, and the offer of admission will be withdrawn if important discrepancies are discovered.

Final transcripts must be submitted after all grades have been recorded and are due no later than July 1. Transcripts of coursework completed during the summer after high school graduation must be submitted no later than September 1.

What makes a transcript "official"?

A transcript is considered official if it bears the official seal and authorizing signature of the issuing institution and is:

  1. Sent directly by the school to UW Tacoma (either by mail or via an approved, secure electronic process).
  2. Sealed in an envelope by the school and has the official seal or authorizing signature of the issuing institution on the sealed flap and is mailed or delivered to UW Tacoma by you.* If you open the envelope, the transcript is no longer considered official.

Where to send transcripts

Send all transcripts to:

University of Washington Tacoma
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 358400
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402-3100

The UW Tacoma institution code for electronic transcripts is 412.

*Official transcripts in a sealed envelope may be dropped off to the Admissions office located in the Mattress Factory building Room 251.