We are excited for you as you enter your first quarter at UW Tacoma!
Below are the steps for getting started:
- Set Up UW Email. Email is the University's primary way of communicating with you. To protect your privacy, all electronic communication with the University should be sent from your UW email address that ends at @uw.edu.
- If you are a new student admitted as a Freshman for Autumn 2023, DO NOT schedule an advising appointment at this time. You will be emailed information this Spring regarding New Student Advising & Registration events held at the beginning of Summer.
- If you are new student admitted as a Freshman for Spring 2023, schedule a New Student Advising appointment with your pre-major academic advisor HERE
- Determine if you need to take the Math Directed Self Placement. The Math Directed Self Placement is needed for some majors prior to registration. Click here to see if you need to take the placement. If you need to take the placement, please do so BEFORE you attend your New Student Advising appointment.
- Take the Writing Survey. The Writing Survey is required prior to registering for English Composition. Take the assessment BEFORE you attend your New Student Advising appointment.
If you have questions, please contact University Academic Advising at email@example.com or (253) 692-4857.
BE PURPLE! BE GOLD! BE TACOMA!
To request disability accommodation, including American Sign Language interpretation, contact the Disability Resources for Students office at 253-692-4508, firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request at http://www.tacoma.uw.edu/UWTDRS/eventaccess.