UW Tacoma space-use policies and guidelines are designed to meet the diverse needs of the campus community while ensuring that space use decisions are aligned with campus mission and goals, ongoing planning efforts, relevant policies, and recognized best practices.
For requests to alter, remodel or otherwise modify campus space, including the acquisition of furniture or equipment for use in campus space, please submit a Space Request.
If you are unsure of your needs or have any questions regarding the Space Request form, please contact Elizabeth Hyun at email@example.com or 253-692-4675 prior to submitting.
Examples of Space Requests
- Allocating new space to a campus division
- Reallocating space among campus divisions
- Assigning research, office or programming space for grant-funded activities
- Requesting the long-term use of campus space by an off-campus group
- Acquiring furniture and/or equipment to be used in allocated space
- Relocating temporarily a campus unit due to construction or renovation
External Space Resources
NOTE: Space Management provisioning does NOT apply to special events or other short-term activities that do not require allocation of campus space. Such activities would be subject to the policies and procedures of the Use of University Facilities policy.