Student Life has complied what is referred to as the "Purple Sheet". This document serves as a quick reference to assist faculty and staff in assessing behaviors that may be referred to the CARE team and how to do so.
The following are links to a number of health-related resources -
- Taking care of your mental health in the face of uncertainty - Advice from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- NAMI’s Statement On Recent Racist Incidents And Mental Health Resources For African Americans
- NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illness - Mental health education, information, support, and advocacy.
- NAMI Washington COVID-19 Information and Resources - NAMI Washington Alliance Online Support Groups & Classes and many more resources.
- NAMI Pierce County - NAMI Washington Alliance Online Support Groups & Classes and many more resources.
- The Jed Foundation - Preventing suicide and reducing emotional distress.
- WebMD: Depression - An American provider of health information services.
- halfofus.com - resource for emotional health including depression and suicide.
- National Institute for Mental Health - Transforming the understanding and treatment of mental illness through research.
- Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD - Advancing Science and Promoting Understanding of Traumatic Stress.
- Mental Health Matters - A structured source of information about mental health issues.
- Mental Health America.net - Education for the general public about the realities of mental health and mental illness.
- National Mental Health Information - United States Department of Health and Human Services - substance abuse and mental health services administration.
- Healthfinder.gov - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- STOP - Reporting Sexual and Gender-Based Discrimination and Harassment
24 Hour Hotlines
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24-hour Pierce County Crisis Line
24-hour Pierce County Crisis Text Line
Text "HEAL" to 741741
The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth)
1-866-488-736 or text START to 678-678
Trans Lifeline (877) 565-8860
Veterans’ Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255), press 1
National Sexual Assault Hotline - RAINN
For more information about the Division of Student Affairs and the support our department can offer enrolled students: