UW Tacoma guarantees general admission to Washington state residents who earn an approved transfer degree at a Washington state community college with at least a 2.75 GPA and meet admission requirements. To qualify for guaranteed admission through the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA), you must:
- Complete the transfer application by the application deadline for the quarter. Eligible students who apply after the application deadline will be admitted on a space-available basis until transfer admissions are closed for the quarter. In the event that space is not available, students eligible for guaranteed admission will be admitted for a future quarter as designated by the Office of Admissions.
- Earn an approved transfer degree, as determined by UW Tacoma admissions.
- Have a cumulative 2.75 GPA or better in all transferable academic coursework (at all colleges attended).*
- Transfer directly from a Washington state community college.
- Be a Washington state resident.
The Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) ensures admission only to pre-major status but does not promise admission to any school or program nor to any particular major within the university. Additional program or university requirements must be met for completion of a baccalaureate degree. Students are responsible for checking specific program requirements.
You may apply to a school or program at the same time you apply to the university or in a later quarter. Whenever you choose to apply to a school or program, you must meet the program's application deadline and admission requirements. Admission to some programs is selective and not all qualified students will be accepted.
*In calculating eligible transfer credit and your transfer GPA, the university completes a course by course evaluation of all transcripted course work.