UW Tacoma is dedicated to access to higher education and supports a strong college and career-ready culture in the South Sound. Pathways to Promise was established to help break down barriers and open dialog about post-secondary education options.
Resources for K-12 Students
For our participating school districts, specific resources are available to help evaluate career and higher-education options. We work with guidance professionals within each district to support college and career-ready programing, conversations and planning. We tailor our interactions with each school based on the needs of the building and district.
The following school districts are participating in Pathways to Promise: Auburn, Bethel, Federal Way, Fife, Franklin Pierce, Kent, Puyallup, Steilacoom, Tacoma and Tahoma.
Students who meet the following criteria from the districts listed above are assured admission to UW Tacoma:
- 2.7 cumulative high school GPA
- 510 math and 540 evidence-based reading writing (optional)
- Completion of all CADRS by the time one graduates from high school
- A well written personal statement and activities log
Resources Through Community
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound (Community Engagement Matching Scholarships available for students who participate.)
- King County Housing Authority
- College Success Foundation
As an urban-serving institution, our goal is to support partners who are developing a college and career-ready culture in the South Puget Sound. These partnerships ensure that potential students, and the organizations that serve them, understand how to identify and prepare for opportunities available after graduating from high school.