Winter Break Reminders
December 15, 2022
As you prepare for Winter Break — when many of us will be taking time off or working remotely – here are some good reminders:
- The Library will be closed from Dec. 26 through Jan. 2 – please access any materials before then.
- The Finance & Administration office in Carlton 400 will be offering virtual services only, Dec. 19 - Jan. 3 because the elevator in the building will be inoperable for maintenance.
- If your office will be closed to the public during the break, make sure your website and your main door inform people how and when they can access services.
- Doors on all buildings will be Husky Card access only from Dec. 19 through Jan. 3. With a smaller presence of people on campus this will help to keep us all safe.
- Court 17 parking garage will be Husky Card access only during this time as well.
- If you are going to be on campus, remember to practice good basic crime prevention:
- Keep your car doors locked and do not leave valuables in your vehicle
- Be aware of your surroundings
- If you find unlocked doors or see concerning behavior/objects, notify Campus Safety at 253-692-4416
- If you will be away during the break, log off of your computer, but don’t power it down. It will go into sleep mode which will still allow for IT to make remote updates.
Also, don't forget to sign up for text alerts on the UW Alert system so you can know right away about any weather closures or other emergencies. After entering your mobile number, you must click the “Groups” tab at the top and select the Tacoma campus alerts.