It is important to download your I-94 as soon as you return to the U.S. from an international trip. You will be asked to provide an I-94 number when applying for an Optional Practical Training benefit or on some other occasions.
How to Download I-94
Get your passport and printer ready! Go to www.cbp.gov/i94 and enter the following info:
- Family Name
- First Name
- Birth Date
- Passport Number
- Country of Issuance (This is your country of citizenship. It is NOT necessarily the country where your passport was issued)
Trouble Downloading I-94?
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of current I-20
- A copy of current visa
- Date of arrival to the U.S.
- Airport or Border Crossing Location
- Airline Name
Alternatively, you may follow these steps:
- Go to: https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions
- Choose "I-94/ Travel Compliance" for the Topic
- Choose "Inaccurate or Missing Data in I-94 System" for the Applicable Issue
- Enter your email address
- Explain your situation in the Description. For example, "I arrived to the Seattle Tacoma International Airport on MM/DD/YYYY using Name of Airline, Flight Number. I have tried to locate my I-94 on www.cbp.gov/i94 but I have been not successful".
- Upload a copy of passport, current I-20, current visa