All new students have an "initial" status SEVIS record. Initial SEVIS records must be changed to "active" status within 30 days from the program start date.
Students are responsible for submitting this form to request their SEVIS records to be activated.
Students must have the following actions completed before submitting this form:
- Pay I-901 fee at www.fmjfee.com and keep a copy of the receipt
- Approved for F-1 student visa or change of status to F-1
- Download I-94 at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov or have a copy of F-1 Approval Notice (Form I-797)
- Log in to MyUW (www.my.uw.edu) and...
- Enter a local address. The local address must be a U.S. address
- Enter a U.S. phone number or confirm that they do not a U.S. phone number
- Enter a permanent address. The permanent address must be a foreign, non-U.S. address
- Register full time for the first quarter as an F-1 student at UWT
- Full time = 10 credits or more for Master's level and 12 credits or more for bachelor's level