As of Oct. 1, 2022, there is now a $132 charge for hanging banners (this includes removal) and you must supply a UW budget number.
If you are looking for marketing or directional signage approval, please contact Brian Anderson with Marketing & Creative Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Banners should be used to promote date-specific events or activities.
- Banners may be displayed for a maximum of 30 days.
- Banners must conform to all ADA requirements, and must not impede access or pose a safety hazard in any way.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- Facilities staff are required to hang banners displayed over the Grand Staircase.
Details about your banner:
- All banners must have reinforced metal grommets.
- Banners being hung on the railings outside of buildings should be hung using zip ties. Units are responsible for checking banners to ensure they are properly hung for the duration of the approved request.
- Banners being displayed over the Grand Staircase are required to be 15 feet 10.5 inches wide and 3 feet tall. These banners should have wind slits to ensure they are not damaged by the weather.
- Banners should be easy to read from a distance. We recommend keeping the design simple and the content minimal (and large).
Please submit your request a minimum of 2 weeks before you want the banner to be displayed.