This webpage contains information for UW Tacoma students about finding space on campus to study. Multiple options are available - read below to determine which is best for you!
The information on this page is for currently enrolled UW Tacoma students who are wanting one-person study space for themselves. This information is NOT for Registered Student Organizations or faculty/staff. While the COVID-19 pandemic is underway, group study is not allowed on campus.
Daily wellness survey is required for students prior coming to campus. During COVID-19 response, UW Tacoma requires that any student who is coming to the UW Tacoma campus for any reason must complete a wellness check-in (attestation) every day you come to campus. Even if you are driving to campus to use WiFi in your car, you need to complete the wellness check-in. Click here to get started.
Parking Lot Study Spaces
UW WiFi is available for cars parked in the angle parking stalls in front of the Mattress Factory (MAT) and the parking stalls on the north side of the Cragle Parking Lot for students to stay in their cars to study (i.e. far end of the Cragle Lot; the south side may not have WiFi signals. If you remain in your car, you do not have to pay for parking.
Reservable Study Spaces
During COVID-19 operations, study spaces on campus must be reserved ahead of use. Click the button below to see the list of spaces available for reservation.
Bring your Husky Card to campus to access buildings. If you are a continuing student whose Husky Card was issued in the last 4 years, you will use your Husky Card to gain access into any building. Learn how to obtain a Husky ID Card during restricted operations and use the Husky Card ID Portal request a Husky Card.
Non-Library Reservable Study Spaces
To get started with reserving study space on campus, students must first complete a brief online tutorial. The tutorial covers how to use the 25Live reservation system and an overview of the space use guidelines. Click the button below to get started; click the white LOGIN button to sign in with your UW NetID.
Study Space Use Guidelines
Space reservations that do not follow these guidelines are subject to cancellation:
- For individual use only. Group study is prohibited.
- Students are eligible for access to this system during quarters that they are active and enrolled in classes.
- Study session reservations can be made up to 3 weeks in advance, starting on the first day of the quarter through the last day of finals week. Space is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Each reservation can be a max of 120 minutes.
- All study spaces MUST be reserved in advance through 25Live. Walk-ups without reservations cannot be accommodated.
- Wipe down high-touch surfaces (table, chair) before and after use. Wipes are available at sanitizing stations.
- No eating or drinking allowed.
- Wear face covering at all times.
- At the end of your study session reservation, please remember to:
- Erase the whiteboards or glassboards
- Log-off the computers
- Turn off the lights
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Study spaces on campus during COVID-19 restrictions are limited. All spaces that are available and reservable are in 25live. Click here to see the full list of study spaces available in autumn quarter.
Q: I encountered a problem or saw an error message when using 25Live. Who do I report this to?
A: Rather than contacting IT, please send an email to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have completed the required tutorial, please use the buttons below to access the 25Live reservation system:
Questions about 25Live or Non-Library Reservable Study Spaces: Please email email@example.com.
Library Reservable Study Spaces
Library study spaces are not available in autumn quarter 2020.
Questions about Library Study Spaces: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Reservable Study Spaces
Due to restrictions in operations during COVID-19, we are unable to offer non-reservable study spaces on campus.