The purpose of the Health and Safety Committee is to improve workplace health and safety through employee involvement in the review and evaluation of programs. The committee is advisory to the Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration and the charge includes:
- Reviewing and evaluating health and safety inspection reports,
- Reviewing and evaluating accident investigation reports,
- Reviewing and evaluating the UW Tacoma emergency, accident and illness prevention programs, and
- Providing a forum for employee concerns about health, safety and facilities at UW Tacoma.
The committee meets the 2nd Thursday of every month in Mattress Factory 352, unless otherwise noted.
The Health and Safety committee is comprised of members from most academic programs and support units.
- Hannah Wilson, UW Tacoma Library, Co-Chair
- David Hirschberg, Center for Urban Waters, Co-Chair
- Ashley Walker, School of Education
- Nathan Ketzner, School of Nursing & Healthcare Leadership
- Sara Contreras, Center for Equity & Inclusion
- Gabriela Crosby, School of Engineering & Technology
- Nikolette Tabafunda, Milgard School of Business
- Chris Barrett, School of Engineering & Technology
- Carina Tapia, Advancement
- Jennifer Wilson, University Academic Advising
- Mariah Goyenechea, Student Affairs
- Gim Seow, Faculty Assembly
- Stanley Joshua, Facilities Services
- Susan Wagshul-Golden, Campus Safety
- James Sinding, Program Operations Manager
- Michelle Miller, Environmental Science/SIAS