The international transfer application is available online. UW Tacoma accepts transfer applications for autumn, winter and spring quarter admission. See the Admissions website Important Dates for priority application deadlines.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Once your application is complete (including transcripts and any other required material), then an application decision is usually given within 8 weeks. Any conditional admissions requirements, e.g., English language proficiency, must be completed three months before starting classes.
International Transfer Application Process
- Complete the international transfer application, including personal statement
- Submit transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
- $75 international application fee (paid when you submit your application)
- If you have attended a Washington state community or technical college, please have the transcripts sent electronically by the college (the electronic transcript code for UW Tacoma is 412).
Send all official paper transcripts to:
University of Washington Tacoma
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 358400
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402-3100
- If you have also attended a college, university or post-secondary school outside of the U.S. we will need official transcripts from that school, along with a word-for-word, literal, English translation if the transcript is not in English. If we are not able to accurately evaluate those transcripts we reserve the right to require a course-by-course evaluation from AACRAO or a NACES approved educational credentialing service such as WES or FIS.
- If you have fewer than 45 transferable academic college credits, then you must also submit original high school transcripts with an official translation if the transcripts are not in English. You should also submit your original transcripts, with a translation if applicable, if your college transcripts do not provide proof of completing the intermediate algebra requirement.
Once you are admitted, you will also need to provide proof of financial resources in order to qualify for your I-20 for F-1 student visa status. Contact the Admissions office with any questions related to your application for admission.