MSW | CWTAP | FAQs | Quotes from Alumni | Contact CWTAP
The first step is to apply to the University of Washington Tacoma (UWT) Master of Social Work (MSW) program. Once offered admission to the UWT MSW program students will receive an email about an information session on the program and the process to apply. Note: You must have a valid Driver License to work for the Department of Children, Youth and Families thus, students must also have one to be in the CWTAP program.
All applications must be complete and submitted by the applicable deadline. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified after the application deadline.
All applicants must successfully complete a background check which includes a check of the Department of Children, Youth and Families' records regarding reports of child abuse and neglect. Applicants are potential DCYF employees and must also provide documentation verifying employment eligibility within the United States.
DCYF employees must obtain the approval of their local Regional Administrator to be considered for CWTAP (see below in the application packet forms).
Students will submit the materials (below) by the deadline in order to complete the application process. These documents must be typewritten, printed and include a wet signature (where applicable). Handwritten submissions will not be considered. Packets can either be dropped off at the Copy and Mail Center on campus or sent via USPS to Susan Welk – CWTAP 1900 Commerce Street Tacoma, WA 98402.
- Application Instructions
- CWTAP Application Checklist
- CWTAP Application form
- Copy of your MSW Offer of Admission Letter
- Resume (current)
- Two letters of reference (at least one professional)
- Two-page, double-spaced essay on:
- MSW Program Applicant: "Why are you interested in working within the public child welfare system"
- DCYF Employee: "Why are you interested in continuing to work within the public child welfare system"
- Signed/Approved Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Employee Participation form (DCYF employees only)
- Completed Background Authorization form
- Completed Background Summary
- Employee Eligibility Verification (I-9) form
- Photocopies of your Social Security card and driver's license (clear copies)
CWTAP Important Dates
Information meeting (for 3 Year students):
- Approx. May 2023 (specific date TBD)
- Location: TBD
Approx. June 2023 (specific date TBD)
- Approx. June 2023 (specific date TBD)
- Location: TBD